The ATO-ClimatEducate Project Team is pleased to announce the call for applications for the opening of its project memberships this May 2021!
The ClimatEducate Project is a climate change education project of the Alpha Team Organization-ATO, a Philippines-based youth non-profit organization.
The project was launched in April 2016 as a climate leadership initiative of ATO members who were trained by former US Vice President and Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Al Gore in Manila, Philippines.
Since 2016, we have initiated our school outreach (we call non-online initiatives or NOIs) and promoted climate change education through vector graphics posts on our social media platforms on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
As of April 2021, most of our project members come from developing countries and have undertaken 80 initiatives in 15 countries. We were also engaged in international environmental conferences such as the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), other regional/national climate conferences and has also been featured in online and local media in Brazil and the Philippines.
Our project is divided into four regional groups we call as “regional hubs” to ease coordination and contextualization of what we campaign. We have our regional hubs in Africa, South Asia, South America and a combination of Southeast Asia, East Asia and the Pacific (EASEAP).
Our project's current focus is to further create innovations and sustained outputs for climate change education (CCE). The project team believes that it will improve if open-minded and flexible climate advocates and educators will join and work with its highly-diverse and objective-based project team.
The new project members will undergo mentoring and training for three (3) months through online volunteering, output assignment, and be trained to craft a school and community outreach initiative (may vary per location depending on health restrictions).
For queries, please email us at: email@example.com [SUBJECT: Inquiry]
You may also check the photos of our past initiatives: http://bit.ly/2vt3lR5 (currently being updated)
You may also check our portfolio here: http://bit.ly/2DBPI0S
As per the decisions of the project team, membership slots will be opened for applicants in the:
1. Project Members for Africa
2. Project Members for East Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific/Oceania
3. Project Members for South Asia
4. Project Members for South America (América do Sul)
Applicants from the other regions are very welcome to apply, especially those from:
- North America
- Middle East
• He/She must be under 35 years old.
• Must be a high school, an undergraduate, graduate school student or a young professional.
• Applicant is from Africa, East Asia, Southeast Asia, Pacific/Oceania,
South Asia or South America (América do Sul) or from desired regions.
• Must indicate serious interest and commitment in climate activism and in education
• Must have basic knowledge of climate change and its processes
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
• Must be proficient in using social media and other online platforms.
• Previously demonstrated leadership through academic or volunteer work, particularly related to climate change action.
• Be willing to actively participate in collaborative online work and must be open to communication with fellow members.
• Priority will be given to applicants with lesser attachments in other organizations and can focus to work with the project team.
Deadline of Application (extended): May 24 2021 | 23:59 (Your Local Time)
Notification of Qualified Applicants for Interview (via email): May 24-26, 2021
Interview Period of Applicants: May 26-31, 2021
Announcement of Accepted Project Members: June 5, 2021
(still subject to changes)
The Screening Committee shall ensure a fair screening process and shall not discriminate based on race, color, sex, age, nationality, sexual orientation, civil status, and physical disabilities.
START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION HERE: https://bit.ly/CEMembership2021
Deadline is extended until May 24, 2021 | 23:59 (Your Local Time)